Best Quality Management Software
What are important criteria to select the best Quality Management Software for your company?
- It has to do the job. The new ISO 9001:2015 standard gives the scope your Quality Management Software should be compliant with. Main features are: compliance document management, risk management, problem solving tools (NCs & CAPAs), audit tools, stakeholder management, PDCA process management, KPIs and indicators, training and knowledge management, etc.
- It has to meet main company preoccupations. US manufacturing companies are primarily concerned for saving costs, stay competitive during economic uncertainty, develop and maintain skills and be lean in all processes.
- It has to be easy to use. Quality concerns everyone in the organization. The software needs to help to democratize your QMS to the entire organization and entities. The best Quality Management Software needs to be compatible with all Microsoft tools used by end users.
- It has to be unique for your company’s needs. The software needs to adapt to your organization and processes. Not the other way around. Super users need to have full control on your Quality Management Software. Don’t be dependent from your software editor.
- It has to be cost effective and quick to deploy. This is the only way for your company to have a clear return on investment and short payback time.
- It has to be on the right technology. Risks are important with proprietary technologies. Older technologies don’t have the needed features for a premium collaborative Quality Management Software. Microsoft technologies deliver the best user experience.
Based on these criteria, we think BPA Quality is the best Quality Management Software offering the best value/price ratio for your company.
|BPA Solutions||QMS provider over 20 million revenue (ETQ, Intelex, Metricstream…)||ERP QMS module (SAP, Netsuite…)||Niche QMS Software provider (Medical, Food, Oil & Gas…)||New QMS software developer (early stage)|
|Compliant with ISO 9001:2015||Yes||Yes, but additional cost may occur||Yes, but additional cost may occur||Yes, but additional cost may occur||Unclear|
|All-in-one solution||Yes||Yes, but additional cost may occur||Yes, but additional cost may occur||Yes, but additional cost may occur||Unclear|
|Microsoft Office integration||100% Microsoft based||Not native||Not native||Not native||Not native|
|SharePoint integration||100% built on SharePoint||No||No||No||No|
|Multi facility technology||Yes, no additional cost||Yes but additional cost||Yes but additional cost||Yes but additional cost||Yes but additional cost|
|No-code QMS customization||100%||Limited||Limited||Limited||Limited|
|Software as a service deployment||Yes||Limited||Limited||Limited||Limited|
|End user training necessary||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|End user experience||Best in Class||Limited||Limited||Limited||Limited|
|Price range (on premise) (K$)||5-50||50-300||Dependent on existing ERP (50+)||Dependent on provider (50+)||Unclear|
|Maintenance cost (annual K$)||1-10||Up to 100||Up to 100||Dependent on provider (10+)||Unclear|
|Time to deployment (days)||5-20||50+||50+||20+||Unclear|
|Payback (ROI)||In Weeks!||Unclear||Unclear||Unclear||Unclear|